Saturday 27 July 2013

R & R in Czech!

Saturday 8 June 2013 1.30pm
Horni Blatna, Karlovy Vary & surrounding area

Originally, I had planned to spend two days with Denisa, but in the end spent 4 nights and 3 & half days ... could easily have spent that many weeks. This is an incredibly beautiful country. Never seen so many trees!!
Once I collate my photos I will update this post, but if you have never been to Czech Republik, I can't recommend it too much... and if you have a guide like Denisa, then it can't get any better.

Shot down the almost empty motorway from Karlovy Vary re-fuelling just before Cheb and then into Germany. As the rain seemed to be mostly just behind me, I managed to miss most of it, only getting caught for a few minutes once or twice, not enough to have to stop and change into my winter gloves. I had to buy a new pair (summer gloves) in what seems to be the one & only bike shop (Yamaha as it happens) in Karlovy Vary - had brought a spare pair but foolishly managed to lose one in Berlin.

Re-fuelled again in Regensburg, after wandering around for a while trying to find a petrol station. The satnav has a function which lists nearby fuel stations but it had gone completely nuts listing those about 250km distant!!

Original route was to take the ring road around Munich, but having had enough of motorways, came off and headed towards Augsburg, just clipping the southern suburbs. On this route, saw a signpost for Dachau to the east, which sent a chill through my heart.

Once I got well south of Augsburg, I started looking for a likely stopover spot and soon came upon Hohenfurch and the very nice Gasthof-Hotel Negele. This route was about 400km, just right for a full half day's ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment